Kristin Bassett is the Editor/Blogger at locally-based beautyXposé. Her beauty motto is simplicity; she’s a big fan of the natural, less-is-more approach. Read on for some of Bassett’s beauty hacks.
- Less is more when it comes to the amount of nail polish in each coat. Nails dry faster if you apply multiple thin coats rather than one thick coat.
- Paint your nails before your next shower. Once your nails are completely dry, hop in the shower and the warm water/scrubbing will remove any polish that made it onto your skin. Find more nail polish shortcuts here.
- Make your own tinted moisturizer by adding an oil or cream moisturizer to any foundation. Make it a bb cream by adding an anti-aging cream to your foundation. Want shimmer? Simply add in a highlighter.
- Tired and don't have the time for some extra beauty sleep? Line your waterline with a white or skin-colored eyeliner to instantly brighten your eyes, making you look wide awake.
- When traveling, bring wipes for removing makeup. They take up very little space and don't have to be packed in a special baggie for the TSA. I like AVEENO and Ole Henrikson.
- Need to buff away dry skin as the season's change? Make your own exfoliator by mixing sugar with olive oil. Start with one cup of sugar and 1/4 cup of olive oil and mix until your desired consistency is reached. Learn more about making your own scrub here.
- If you're caught off guard with humid weather and frizzy hair, reach into your purse for your hand cream. Just a dime-sized amount should help smooth your tresses.
Check out more at beautyXposé. They’ve got tips, tutorials, new and fave products, and a new addition called “Weekend Reading List,” where they round up some of their favorite blog posts.