With the gorgeous summer we have had, it’s hard to believe fall is just around the corner. Here’s a look at some earthy foliage-inspired shades trending for autumn.
David Zyla, Emmy Award-Winning Stylist and author of The Color of Style gives his take on the upcoming season. “The Fall 2012 Fashion Palette encompasses neutrals such as steel, pink beige and espresso as well as a palette of vivid raspberry, parrot and tangerine. It is no wonder that as a result, two distinct eye makeup trends have emerged:
1. ORANGEIn makeup, orange is in. No, not on the lips, but on the eyes. Orange on its own might be difficult for some women to pull off, so to embrace this trend, try blending the orange with your softest lipstick color, such as mauve, petal or peach.
2. SMOKY EYESThey're back! This sultry look is usually more suited for evening, but there is a way in which to create a daytime version of it. In addition to the smoky tones, try incorporating the dominant color of your eyes, such as steel, pine or cinnamon into the palette.
Here are some of the latest orange eye shades. Take a dip in the deep end with super bright or go soft and more subdued:
• The new Pigment line from MAC has an impressive array of colors. Rock star-it-up with Acid Orange or soften-it-up with Melon, a soft golden peach or frost-it-up with Pink Bronze, a peach with pink duo-chrome. (Available at MACcosmetics.com)
• Maybelline’s Color Tattoo by Eyestudio is a rich cream with intense color. Use their electric orange, Fierce & Tangy, as a liner or shadow. (Available at CVS.com)
• Urban Decay is well known for their bold, shimmery colors. Freelove is a golden vibrant peach shimmer and X is a peach and gold shimmer. Their matte shadows are pretty and subtle, like ABC Gum, a pale peach matte. (Available at sephora.com)
• The COVERGIRL Queen Collection has Fire It Up, a deep rusty orange, and Hot Toffee, a bronze orange. Champagne, a yellowy orange, is good for smudging and highlighting. (Available at CVS.com)
• MAKE UP FOR EVER never fails in the dynamic spectrum. The Tangerine eye shadow is a vibrant matte orange, Pumpkin is a muted orange and Rust Orange is a matte apricot orange. (Available at sephora.com)
And for the smoky eye:
• Cream eyeliners can be applied with a Taylor Swift dramatic flair, or can be lightly smudged for a softer look. Dalton Cosmetics’ crème eyeliners come in shades such as Navy Shimmer, Plum Fantasy and Emerald. (Available at daltoncosmetics.com)
• Eye Tint from Becca is a crème that sets as a powder. The high pigment color is available in Gilt, a golden bronze, Pewter, a gray black, Romanticism, a mauve bronze and others. (Available at BeccaCosmetics.com)
• The Sephora Collection features Pro Lesson Palette: Smoky Eyes. The palette includes two looks: a brown smoky eye and a black smoky eye. It includes illustrated instructions for the various options. (Available at sephora.com)
• The new Eyecolor Quad from Merle Norman in Cool Metallics features smoky shades in silver, pewter, warm brown and soft teal blue. (Available at MerleNorman.com)
• Top off your eyes with benefit’s They’re Real! Mascara. The jet-black mascara lengthens, separates and volumizes lashes for a sexy, smoky end result. (Available at sephora.com)
2013 Greater Boston Radio, Inc. - WKLB-FM