Even though it falls mid-week this year, Independence Day still invites patriotic revelry, and our great city is famous for doing it up with 4th of July style.
This year, the Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular celebrates its 39th show, with over a half-million visitors coming from all over New England and around the world. Whether you’re enjoying the festivities from home or on the Esplanade with 500,000 of your closest friends- celebrate your red, white, and blue with, well, red, white and blue!
MAC Cosmetics Senior Artist Gina Bettelli offers some color suggestions that take cues from Old Glory:
“Patriotic in hue with unexpected flair, long wear, and stylish pairings. It’s all about a sexy smoky eye with a power red lip and runway white nail tips.”
Pro Longwear Lip Pencil in Throw Me a Line!
Transfer-proof lip pencil with extended wear in a bright true red.
Apply MAC Cosmetics Pro Longwear Lip Pencil in Throw Me a Line! all over lip shape for an anchored perfect red lip. Use lip brush #318 for a crisp balanced shape.
Shade & Smoke Shadow/Liner in Beth or Glory
Dual ended pencil with Eye Shadow and Greasepaint Liner pairing for the perfect smoky eye.
Define the eyes in MAC Cosmetics Beth or Glory Shade & Smoke Shadow/Liner using the earthy-brown greasepaint stick right along the top lash line. Blend out edges using MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush. Line lower lash line generously with the nautical-blue end of Beth or Glory taking the color to the length of the lower lashes. Flip over MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush and buff out edges into a smoldering smoky eye. Apply two coats of MAC Cosmetics False Lashes mascara to top and bottom lashes for a finished look.
MAC Cosmetics Ruffian Manicure in Spectator
Cream nail with black half-moon, black French tip, and black Ruffian insignia on one nail.
Dress up your tips with MAC Cosmetics Ruffian Manicure in Spectator in under 5 minutes! Simply stick on the cream & black nails to clean, natural nails.
Here are some other suggestions to help you sport your patriotic red, white and blue:
- Benefit’s Benetint Lip Balm SPF 15 has a clear, red tint.
- Revlon Colorstay Longwear Nail Enamel features a bright red in Red Carpet.
- Geisha Kiss, Colorful Mono Eyeshadow from Sephora, is a matte brick red.
- Yeyo is a dynamic metallic white eyeliner from Urban Decay’s 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil collection.
- Dior’s 1-Colour Ultra-Smoothing High Impact Eyeshadow in Crystal White is a shiny, glimmering white.
- Beam White, Shiseido’s Luminizing Satin Face Color, highlights with its pearly white sheen.
- NARS Single Eye Shadow in Outremer is a bright, true blue.
- Smashbox’s Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner in Navy Blue is a dark royal blue.
- Buxom Lash Mascara Special Effects Blue Noir is a bright blue mascara.