Forecast: WKLB Country Music Festival 2012!
The WKLB Country Music Festival kicks off summer on June 16th.
Make sure you’re prepped with lasting heat-proof makeup for this day of country fun in the sun!
Make Up For Ever was created by Parisian makeup artist Dany Sanz over 25 years ago. They’re the go-to line for long lasting formulas that withstand heat and humidity. I spoke to
Jen Evans, Artist and Educator for Make Up Forever NY Academy and asked her for her thoughts.
“Using minimal face makeup when venturing into the hot sun will assist in your makeup staying put. If using foundation, apply it lightly with your fingers. If using concealer, only apply where necessary. Set with a very small amount of powder. To seal the deal, spritz your face with Mist and Fix by Make Up For Ever. It forms a barrier to protect the makeup and skin. Make Up For Ever has an AQUA collection that is completely waterproof and perfect for hot summer days. Aqua Shadow, Aqua Eyes, Aqua Cream, Aqua lips and Aqua Smoky Lash Mascara are the perfect summer accessories to ensure you look incredible while enjoying summer adventures.”
Keep your glam in place all day long by incorporating these other heat-friendly tips to lessen smearing, shining, and smudging while outdoors and in the sun:
- Start with a base of sunscreen and reapply every two hours.
- Try tinted moisturizer for a light finish.
- If you’re oily, take blotting papers with you. They’re an easy way to absorb excess oil and keep makeup looking fresh.
- An eye-shadow base can keep color from smudging or creasing.
- Use waterproof or water resistant eyeliner and mascara; they’re formulated to go the distance.
- Lipstick requires constant touch ups. Instead, a lip stain or tinted lip balm gives lips a pop of color and wears off in a less obvious way.
- Use a translucent finishing powder to set make up and reduce shine.
Products that are tailored to keeping your look fresh under the sun’s rays:
- For the body, Capital Soleil SPF 30 Luxurious Protective Oil from Vichy has Grapeseed Oil and Vitamin E to condition skin while offering broad-spectrum protection.
- NEOVA’s SILC SHEER 2.0 is a lightweight tinted facial moisturizer with SPF 40.
- Tea Tree Oil Facial Blotting Tissues from The Body Shop reduce shine without smudging make up.
- Umbrian Clay Mattifying Serum from Fresh helps controls oil production, minimizing shine.
- NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base keeps the eyelid smooth and creates a canvas that hangs onto color for hours.
- Revlon Colorstay 16 Hour Eye Shadow has a silky smooth finish and resists fading and smudging.
- Sephora’s Retractable Waterproof Eyeliner delivers a dose of budge-resistant color.
- Longtime best-seller Great Lash Waterproof Mascara from Maybelline has stood the test of time.
- Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm from Clinique has a natural tint and subtle sheen.
- Dermablend’s Professional Setting Powder is designed for a long-wearing matte finish.
- jane iredale Powder-Me SPF Dry Sunscreen is for both face and body and provides an SPF of 30.